Friday, February 5, 2010

Guy Swallowing Mouse Why Did My Ball Python Die?

Why did my ball python die? - guy swallowing mouse

I had a ball python very young. I've had in a tank of 10 gallons to climb with the skin, water and something for him. as part of the heating system and a lamp 7uvb desert. Whatever type mentioned Petco she needed. If I had waited a week after food. I gave him a mouse thawed (frozen), which has swallowed no problem, but then wanted to eat the next two weeks and then. He started with acting strangely because he was not really after two days. Then, early in the morning when I got up to the light of what moved out of his skin, only a few inches, where the last time you saw originally night. Soon he was arrested and was very hard and not moving at all. I do not know what happened?

5 comments:

Detroit Bad Boy said...

Very difficult baby ball pythons. You need to keep certain things in order to survive. Well, do not blame Petco because I had me from there, and he is happy and healthy. Some snakes, like the one just died, and you can not have anything wrong. My brother bought 3 at a time, would you know that 1 and he was right. Take her to Petco for a refund. Not at Petco store afterwards. Go to an exhibition of reptiles and other store.Good happiness and suffering for your friend: (

hayley said...

1. of all, you do not have a UVB lamp. The snakes do not need a UV-B, even if you bought in a store for pets, including chain stores like Petco, it's a good chance that the snake was ill. Take It Back's replacement.

hayley said...

1. of all, you do not have a UVB lamp. The snakes do not need a UV-B, even if you bought in a store for pets, including chain stores like Petco, it's a good chance that the snake was ill. Take It Back's replacement.

Jocelyn L said...

wow sorry to hear the. My brother has a ball python once and did not move at all. my brother said it was shed because he ate like two days before. u, but maybe he should see the vet and asked him how he died

lovetheb... said...

Do you have a thermometer in the cage? And / or under tank heater instead of light?

Ball Pythons warm, but with a minimum of 80 degrees F at all times, even at night when the light was extinguished. If you eat frozen or thawed mice that were previously not a source of heat during the night, May lazy mouse in the snake and killed it.

It is a common cause of death of snakes kept in one or no heat lamp. When people at Petco said that it was easy, they were wrong.

I am sorry for the snake, and I hope that this stops them to you in the future. But next time, a lot of research before purchasing a pet. Never trust a cashier at the store for information and very precise.

Post a Comment